Mark Tungate: Freelance Writer
- British journalist and author based in Paris
- Specialist subjects: media, branding, travel, lifestyle trends
- Publications include "Luxury World: The Past Present and Future of Luxury Brands", Adland: A Global History of Advertising", "Fashion Brands", "Branded Male" and "The Epica Book"
- Copywriting clients have included Coca-Cola, MTV, Diesel and Kantar Media, as well as leading ad agencies
- Speaks regularly at conferences around the world
- Regular TV appearances
- Fluent French
My latest book, Branded Beauty: How Marketing Changed the Way We Look, is now on shelves. It has also been translated into French – in fact it attracted a pleasing amount of press attention in France, with articles in Le Monde and L’Express. There are also new editions of two older books, Fashion Brands and Adland, which go into greater depth about how these related sectors are adapting to the digital era.
Life through lenses
A writer explains his love of specs
I started wearing glasses when I was 20 years old and still painfully self-conscious. Fortunately, many of my role models wore glasses: Michael Caine, Woody Allen, Morrissey of The Smiths – they were the quirky-but-cool faces of spectacle wearing...
How to be Parisian
Does the French capital have an attainable style?
For the Parisian, style is about far more than clothing. My wife, who was born and raised in Paris, once informed me that she could tell as much about a person from the way they wielded their cutlery as she could from the way they dressed. "The British tend to shovel",” she added, with a significant glance across the dinner table...